New York State and its major regions
September 1, 2002. This report uses the latest economic and census data to examine the role of immigration, government policies and other factors in explaining why the economic expansion of the 1990s did not raise the income of average workers in New York City. Full report, executive summary, press release.… (read more)
- December 15, 2010. Guatemalans find a home, opportunity in area’s communities. By Tim Henderson, Journal News.
- November 19, 2010. The Economic Impact of Long Island’s Immigrant Workers. By Aaron Rutkoff, Metropolis Blog (Wall Street Journal).
- November 19, 2010. New York Study Refutes Immigrant Worker Perceptions. By Jon E. Dougherty, newsroomamerica.com.
- November 18, 2010. Study Contradicts Popular Beliefs About LI Immigrants. Reported by Mike Xirinachs, CBS 880.
- November 18, 2010. Study: Immigrants Driving One-Third of Growth of Long Island Economy.
- July 17, 2011. South Asian population continues growth in Lower Hudson Valley, and culture follows. By Hema Easley, Journal News.
- June 24, 2011. Immigrant Entrepreneurs Powerful Component of Brooklyn Economy. Brooklyn Eagle.
- June 22, 2011. Brooklyn tops boroughs in immigrant entrepreneurs. A Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce report said immigrants constitute 50% of all “incorporated employed individuals.” By Jermaine Taylor, Crain’s New York Business.
- May 20, 2011. Immigrant Businesses Power Long Island. An op ed by Maryann Sinclair Slutsky of