On Tuesday morning, February 13, 2018, the Fiscal Policy Institute will present its 28th annual budget briefing in Meeting Room 7 of the Empire State Plaza Convention Center. A complimentary breakfast and check-in will begin at 8:30 a.m. Our presentation begins at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 10:15 a.m. We hope that you and/or your colleagues will be able to join us for what we are confident will be a useful and informative session. You can RSVP online here.
The briefing will examine various aspects of the governor’s Executive Budget including such topics as:
- Income Inequality in New York State
- Federal Tax Law changes and what they mean for New York State
- Federal Funding at Risk
- Austerity Budgeting and Impacts of the two percent state spending cap
- Reimagining New York’s Tax Code – Conformity issues and SALT Workarounds
- Raising Revenue to address budget shortfalls and looming cuts from D.C.
- FY 2019 Executive Budget: What are the major policy issues that the governor addresses in the Executive Budget? What are the glaring omissions in the issues being addressed?
- Shared Opportunity Agenda for New York: FPI will outline progressive public policies that can be adopted to ensure that we create more shared opportunities to help lift New Yorkers out of poverty and provide avenues for upward mobility.
If you have any questions about the February 13th briefing or about any budget or economic policy issues, please contact us by telephone at 518-786-3156 or by e-mail at email@example.com. For more information on FPI and its work, and for copies of all of FPI’s publications, please visit our website at www.fiscalpolicy.org.
Please register by Wednesday, February 7, 2018.