Skip to content
Immigration News Coverage Archive 2011
- June 24, 2011. Immigrant Entrepreneurs Powerful Component of Brooklyn Economy. Brooklyn Eagle.
- June 22, 2011. Brooklyn tops boroughs in immigrant entrepreneurs. A Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce report said immigrants constitute 50% of all “incorporated employed individuals.” By Jermaine Taylor, Crain’s New York Business.
- May 20, 2011. Immigrant Businesses Power Long Island. An op ed by Maryann Sinclair Slutsky of Long Island Wins, Syosset-Jericho Tribune. Also in the Farmingdale Observer, Garden City Life, Glen Cove Record-Pilot, Hicksville Illustrated News. Levittown Tribune, Manhasset Press, Massapequan Observer, Mineola American, Oyster Bay Enterprise, Plainview-Old Bethpage Herald, and the Westbury Times.
- May 16, 2011. Immigrant contributions to the U.S. Economy. Submitted by Lance Robertson, reposted by WXIA-TV (Atlanta GA).
- May 10, 2011. Obama’s Renewed Push for Immigration Reform. By Jason Marczak, Americas Quarterly: The Policy Journal for Our Hemisphere.
- May 6, 2011. Detroit should put out the welcome mat for immigrants. An op ed by Andrew S. Doctoroff, a partner with a Detroit law firm, in the Detroit News.
- April 11, 2011. No charges sought against undocumented Detroit activist: Detroiter Dayanna Rebolledo, six other students arrested, later released in Atlanta after demonstration. By Alan Burdziak, The South End (the student newspaper of Wayne State University).
- March 30, 2011. Mexican Immigrants Face Darkest Housing Picture. By Kirk Semple, New York Times.
- March 27, 2011. Hispanic growth alters makeup of N.Y. suburbs. By Leah Rae and Dwight R. Worley, Journal News.
- March 8, 2011. Census shows modest growth in Lower Hudson Valley. By Tim Henderson, Journal News.
- January 17, 2011. New Immigrants: Diversity Refreshing the City. By Pamela Rich, examiner.com (Cincinnati).
- January 14, 2011. New citizens on path to serve country. By Quan Truong, Cincinnati Enquirer.
- January 12, 2011. Busting the myth, immigrants boost Long Island economy. By Janne Louise Andersen, Long Island Report.