January 2009. In a March 27, 2008 letter to Governor Paterson, Majority Leader Bruno and Speaker Silver, Nobel economist Joseph Stiglitz makes a compelling case that the millionaires’ tax is “economically preferable” to raising regressive fees or cutting state spending.
- Voters Support Income Tax on Those Making $250K or More to Replace Budget Cuts, a Siena Research Institute poll released January 26, 2009
- Closing state deficit requires prudence, by former budget director Dall Forsythe and Shanna Rose (Albany Times Union, December 10, 2008)
- How Not to Deal with the Oncoming Depression: The Case of New York State, by Lawrence S. Wittner, Professor of History at SUNY Albany (History News Network, December 1, 2008
- Voters Back Millionaire’s Tax 4 – 1 (Quinnipiac poll, August 6, 2008)
- Look to the rich for a budget fix, by Fred LeBrun (August 3, 2008 Albany Times Union).